Monday 12 November 2012

Tan Solutions: Shimmering Body Lotion


My opinion of sparkly body lotions has changed dramatically over the years. I'm sure when we were younger there was a time we all thought those sticky roll on glitter tubes were absolutely amazing but as you grow up you realise that finding bits of glitter on yourself weeks after you've applied it just isn't that great... and kind of gross. So that was that - I avoided all glittery skin products despite how much my inner child wanted to use them. The other day I was given the Tan Solutions: Shimmering Body Lotion at work and I took one look at the name and immediately dismissed it. I assumed it was one of those 'gradual tan' (i.e. tangerine cream) products that everybody is raving about with added glitter for the ultimate tacky effect. Despite my negativity I thought I'd give it half a chance and decided to try it out seing as it's almost the Christmas season and shimmer products are becoming popular again.


(Apologies for the poor quality of the picture but it's the best I could do!)

I was so taken aback by this deceiving little beauty that I felt I had to write about it. It isn't a tanning lotion at all, it's a cream designed to be applied over the top of fake tan for that shimmery effect models have on adverts. Don't be saddened my fellow snow flakes, it looks absolutely amazing on pale skin! As you can kind of see from the picture, the shimmer particles are really fine and they create a 'pearlescent glow to the skin' (quoted from the back of bottle - it's true!) that looks really subtle but so effective. I haven't used it to go out in yet so I'm not too sure how long it will hold out but it doesn't transfer as much as other glitter products, although naturally it does rub off a little bit. It smells amazingly fruity like something from The Body Shop and it sinks into your skin quickly so it's perfect to apply before a night out. It's also moisturising too and washes off really easily (BONUS!)

What more could you want?! I'm struggling to find a body lotion as good as this one so it's a shame that it's so shimmery otherwise I'd wear it every day. I've done a little bit of research on it and surprisingly I found that it's actually cheaper to buy it directly from the Tan Solutions website (£15.00 + P&P for the 250ml bottle but they have free delivery on orders over £20.00). It's going for crazy prices on eBay and other such websites because it seems to be a really popular product and I can see why! 

So if you've got any Christmas parties lined up or special events and you're looking for a product that's different and will make you stand out (and smell gorgeous) then I strongly recommend giving this a try! It will even hold out until summer for those of you who want to illuminate your natural tan, or for us pale folk that just want to sparkle! 

I'd love to know your opinions on this and also if there's any competing products on the market that may be a better option? Drop me a comment with your blog link on too so I can take a read!

Happy blogging!


No comments:

Post a Comment